Friday, June 21, 2013

Global Weather Beta Test

I've been working hard on finding a reliable global weather provider, and I've finally found one.  AccuWeather and Joko Interactive are partnering up to bring local live weather to Paperland!

I'm opening up our beta test to the public, so anyone can help beta test the new global live weather features in Paperland.  In order to get beta updates from the Play Store, you need to join our Paperland Testers Google+ community here.  Make sure you join using the same Google account that you want to test the app with.

Once you're a part of the community, you need to follow this link to become an actual tester in the Play Store: Beta Request Link

The beta test still has some kinks to work out, but soon we will be rolling this update out to every Paperland user at no extra charge.  Thanks for all the support!

20 comments:

  1. Fantastic news.. Looking forward to testing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do I download the beta version

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked to join. I live in Mexico City. Please accept me as beta tester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using the paid wallpaper for a long time now and was gutted when live weather went down the pan :( I'm so pleased that it might be available again. I'm ready to test it from the UK as soon as you accept my request :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Request sent to join the beta test for Weather, from India!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you need tester in Poland, I submitted my application to beta community :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited to have weather back again, but if the cost is a permanent advertisement on my home screen that is asking too much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed.dI'd take no weather, or beta weather with spotty accuracy over that terrible sign.

      Delete
    2. I very much agree with this.

      Delete
  8. Why are you putting advertisement into a paid app?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It‘s cool once updated. However, found that even the wallpaper reliable to the accuweather. It doesnt 100% reflected. Example, accuweather showing heavy rain or cloudy the wallpaper still showing the sunshine or showing the moon in the sky. I think there‘s some room to be improved. Great job anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to have this wallpaper as a Daydream in Android 4.2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I installed the newest version from playstore. But now I have no preferences anymore. It says the app is not installed on the device... Wallpaper working anyway! N7000 with newest official firmware.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the idea of live weather, but would you be able to add a manual way to set the location, for people who have location turned off, or people who want to set a different location from where they currently are?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The live weather concept is really great but how if the weather app of our phone would be of some help for fetching the live weather update..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I purchased this app yesterday and now it just says "paperland pro has stopped" every time I try to open it. What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Samantha, there was a bug in an update yesterday, there should be a new version available for you on the store which fixes the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love an Iphone version of this. Anything in the works?

    ReplyDelete